Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back in the Game - Poker FTW

Started going back into the Fitz poker club more regularly than late. Having a young family isn't the greatest base from which to launch a poker career. But now that we have the parenting down to somewhat of a involuntary process, there is just enough time to get back into it with some sort of regularity.

I used to play a number of times a week about 4 years ago and had some regular success but things are much harder now and numbers are significantly greater. I have decided to focus on tournaments and Omaha cash games - getting into the cash games if I bust out relatively early in the tournament.

Over the last two months I've played about 8 tournaments and reached the final table on all but 3 - only cashed in 2. I feel this is a good start. Significantly my Omaha exploits have been much better and I've not had a losing session yet (again 8). I generally buy in for €250 and have gotten this up close to €2k on a few occasions - I play 1/2

This I feel is more to do with my general loose play and hitting pots hard then any above average skill. I do feel that I could just as easy lose a large stack as accumulate one so I have a lot to re-educate myself before I feel I can stand toe to toe with the regulars and come out in the black. Way back in the day i used to be quite good at Omaha so I feel I should be able to get back to something resembling that.

If you have any suggestions please comment.

No comments: