Saturday, May 31, 2008

SE €1k Main Event - Day 1

Well day one of the SE main event is over and I suppose I should be thankful that I'm still in with a shout - albeit only ~11k. My table is very tough with a lot of good players and no value - unless it's me of course!

No real hands of note - I just kept getting pushed off hands with big re-raises and couldn't make a stand. Only hand of the day with any significance for me was when I flopped a straight in the BB on an unraised pot and 99 came over the top and I held up. I needed it as I was down to 6k.

I still feel I can get back in the game. Blinds will only be 200-400 today with a 90 minute clock so I still have a bit of play in my stack. An early double-up would be welcome as it would get me back to average. However, there are a few big stacks so I'm not too far off most of the field. Just need to make the right moves.

Better post later after day 2 and hopefully today will be my day.

No comments: