Friday, May 30, 2008

Here's to a Good Weekend

The Sporting Emporium ME €1k event starts today and I have to say I'm feeling well up for it. I suppose I'll be a bit nervous at the start but I'm sure the slagging I'll receive while wearing the compulsory Paddy Power merchandise will clam me down quickly.

My hope is that I don't draw a table with anyone I know too much about. I know this sounds funny but I feel I'll play better if I don't need to worry about reputations and the such like. Since I don't know too many people by their faces - only online nicks - it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Goal is to get to Day 2 as I feel the field will be fairly short and Day 2 should be close to the money. But with the large starting stack and long blind levels there might be still a lot of play on Saturday.

I'm hoping to get a few early chips that will help to relax me and I can play my game. The last few weeks have been good and I have some confidence and a bit of a roll going - feeling at home on the table is such an important factor at this marathon tournaments.

Hopefully I'll have some positive stories to tell tomorrow.

No comments: